1. The Promoter of the Ipswich Enviroplan Photo Competition 2018 (the “Competition”) is the Ipswich City Council.2. Entry to the competition is free and open to all except for members of the ‘Enviroplan Photo Competition Committee’ and the judging panel. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants under 18 years of age must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter.3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.4. The Competition opens at 8.30 am Tuesday, 5 June 2018 and closes at 4.30 pm Friday 24 August 2018 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.5. Information on how to enter the competition and prizes form part of these entry terms.6. The prizes will be:a. Each Open Category winner will receive $250 prize money (there is a total of 4 Open Categories).
b. The Teen Category (13-18 years) winner will receive $250 in prize money or voucher of their choice.
c. The Kids Category (12 years and under) winner will receive $150 in prize money or voucher of their choice.
d. Should the category winner be under the age of 18 years, the prize money or voucher will be awarded to their parent or guardian
e. The Overall Open category winner (selected by the judging panel from the 4 open category winners) will receive $750 prize money.
f. Instagram ‘Photo of the Month’ category winners will each receive a prize valued at up to $50. The winners of this category (one winner each month of the competition period – total three prizes) will be the photo with the most likes through Instagram. Votes are taken by calculating the number of “likes” on the Instagram image, however, in order to be “eligible” for consideration under this category the photo remains subject to these Terms and Conditions which is determined at the Promoter’s discretion. All eligible images entered up until each month’s draw date will automatically be entered into the draw. A monthly winner will be determined at the following times – 9am Friday 29th June, 9am Friday 27th July and 9am Friday 24th August 2018. Images entered the in previous months draws will not be entered into subsequent draws during the promotional period. The winner will be the eligible photo from that relevant period with the most likes. If there is a tie for number of likes these entries will be placed into a random draw.7. An official entry form must be completed on www.enviroplanphoto.com.au by each entrant, unless entering images via Instagram. The digitally submitted entry form is evidence of the entrant’s consent to these Terms and Conditions.8. Entrants over the age of 13 years may enter via Instagram using the hashtag #enviroplancomp18. Use of this hashtag is evidence of the entrant’s consent to these Terms and Conditions. Images can be uploaded by the website and/or Instagram at the entrant’s discretion but the same image will only count as one single entry.9. Entries submitted via Instagram directly must include the age group hashtag and sub category hashtag specifically. The Age Group hashtag in the post is to be included as #open or #teen. If “Open” age the sub category hashtag that relates to the images theme must also be included in the post. Entrants are to choose one of the following, note images can only be submitted into a single category:• #nativewildlife
• #peopleinnature10. The entrant must also include their first and last name in the Instagram post text as well as the location taken and photo name i.e. ““My entry “Kangaroos at Dusk” in the #enviroplancomp18 #open #nativewildlife photographed at Brassall by John Smith””11. All entries submitted must be saved at a minimum of 300 DPI and a maximum of 10MB, unless submitted via Instagram.12. A maximum of five (5) images per category may be submitted by any entrant. Images may only be entered once. The same image cannot be entered in more than one category.13. Categories include:13.1 OPEN AGE GROUP:13.1(a) Native Wildlife (Open): This category embraces the diversity of native wildlife found within the Ipswich region. The primary subject must be a native species and can include birds, insects, fish, molluscs, crustaceans, reptiles and mammals. Species must be photographed within the City of Ipswich. The preference is for images taken in the wild however images of captive native species will be accepted. Macro photography is welcome in this category. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.13.1(b) Native Plants (Open): This category showcases the natural beauty of native plants found within the Ipswich region. The primary subject must be a native species, either plant or fungi, and photographed within the City of Ipswich. The preference is for images taken in the wild however images of captive native species will be accepted. Macro photography is welcome in this category. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.13.1(c) Natural Landscapes (Open): This category embraces photos that showcase Ipswich’s wonderful natural areas. The subject of these landscapes photos include waterways, wetlands, mountains, paddocks and anything that captures our cities scenery. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.13.2 (d) People in Nature (Open): This category is open to photos that show individuals or groups of people embracing the great outdoors and getting out in the natural environment. Don’t forget to make sure you have permission to photograph people within the photo, and all individuals in the photo are aware of entry into the competition category. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.13.2 YOUTH AGE CATEGORIES:13.2(a) Teens (13-18 years): This category encourages teens 13 – 18 years to explore Ipswich’s natural environment and capture a photo of their experiences. Teens in this age group may wish to photograph a native animal, native plant, natural landscape, water body or anything that relates to the themes of the open categories. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.13.2(b) Kids (12 years & under): This category encourages kids 12 years & under to explore Ipswich’s natural environment and capture a photo of their experiences. Kids in this age group may wish to photograph a native animal, native plant, natural landscape, water body or anything that relates to the themes of the open categories. All images must be photographed within the City of Ipswich.14. Images entered in previous Enviroplan competitions will not be accepted.15. There is no time limit as to when the image was taken.16. All images must be captured within the Ipswich City Council Local Government Area boundaries. A map of the Council boundaries is accessible via: https://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/61015/Ipswich_Divisional_Map.pdf17. Entries must not contain any material that is defamatory, discriminating, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening or is otherwise unlawful. Any entry that at the discretion of the Promoter, is deemed to be offensive, discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing, or threatening, will immediately be disqualified from entering the Competition. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final. No correspondence and/or discussion will be entered into.
19. Minor image adjustments (in Photoshop, Lightroom, or similar program) are allowed. This includes cropping, sharpening, changes in exposure, colour, contrast etc. and dust or blemish removal. No HDR (High Dynamic Range), multiple exposures, compositing, or major cloning is allowed. If minor image adjustments are in dispute, the decision of the judges in relation to what constitutes an acceptable minor image adjustment is final. Use of filters in Instagram images is not allowed.
20. Entrants submitting an image/images to the teen category of the Competition must, at the time of entry, be between the ages of 13-18 years. Entrants submitting an image/images to the kids category of the Competition must, at the time of entry, be 12 years or under in age.
21. An Open winner and runner-up will be chosen for each of the four (4) open categories. An overall winner and a runner-up will be chosen in the Teen category. An overall winner and runner-up will be chosen in the Kids category.
22. Entries will be assessed by a panel of judges selected by the Promoter. All eligible entries submitted via Instagram and the website will be pooled together in the relevant categories to be judged. The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence and/or communication of any kind in relation to the panels’ decisions will be entered into. The judging panel is under no obligation to award a prize in any category.
23. The Entrant warrants that:
a. the Entry is their own creation; and
b. the Entry is attributable only to the Entrant;
c. the Entry and the acts of the Promoter in relation to the Entry do not infringe upon the copyright, intellectual property rights, or Moral rights of any person;
d. they have the right to grant the rights under this clause and clauses 24 and 25 below.
24. Entrants agree that by entering the Competition they authorise and grant the Promoter a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to exercise intellectual property rights in the Entry (which may include, but is not necessarily limited to the use, modification, reproduction and or exhibition of Entries) for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Competition and/or other Ipswich City Council documents, activities, programs, and/or events. Entries may be exhibited or reproduced in any medium. The Promoter is not required to pay a fee to exercise any intellectual property rights.
25. Entrants agree that the Promoter may modify the Entrant’s Entry as it sees fit to meet its requirements without further reference to the Entrant.
26. The Promoter will always attribute the creation of the work to the Entrant and will acknowledge any modification that may have been made to the Entry by the Promoter when exercising its rights under clauses 24 and 25 of these Terms and Conditions.
27. By submitting your photograph for entry, you the Entrant, warrants that:
a. Prior to submitting the photograph into the competition you have gained consent of all identifiable persons featured in the photograph.
b. Photographs must be previously unpublished and the Entrant warrants that all photographs entered into the competition are their own work.
28. This entry form does not constitute permission to enter private property. Such permission must be obtained from the landholder.
29. Entrants must not engage in any unlawful or improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
30. The Promoter is not responsible for any costs arising from entry into the competition, including but not limited to: costs to access internet or phone providers, equipment costs and so on.
31. By entering the Competition each entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs), or liability whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the Entrant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
32. The Entrant (or where the Entrant is a minor, then the parent or guardian) shall indemnify and release the Promoter in respect of any judgement, action, or liability for all claims, loss, damage, or injury to persons or property arising from the negligence of the Entrant (or where the Entrant is a minor, then the parent or guardian); or against any breach by the Entrant of any third party intellectual property rights and against any act or omission by the Entrant (or where the Entrant is a minor, then the parent or guardian) commenced by a third party against the Promoter.
Ipswich City Council is collecting your personal information so that we can assess your Entry in the Ipswich Enviroplan Photo Competition 2018. We will not disclose your personal information outside of Council unless we are required by law or you have given your consent. However, to enable the Council to administer, judge and promote the Competition your personal information may be recorded and/or disclosed; for instance your name may be disclosed in a publication or at an event for the purpose of giving notice of Competition winners/entrants. By entering the competition, we will consider that you have given us your consent to manage your personal information in the manner described in Council’s Privacy Statement, Personal Information Digest and this collection notice.