The Nikon 77mm Circular Polarising Filter from Nikon is an upgraded version of the original circular polarising filter.
This circular polarising filter is now slimmer in design leaving the front and rear threads the same size as opposed to the original version that featured a larger front thread. The filter is now multi-coated which is a benefit in that it minimizes any flare and glare that reaches the sensor or film plane of your camera. This means more saturation and clearer images that are more crisp and contrasty.
The front ring rotates with the polarization visible in the viewfinder or on your LCD screen. When shooting on a bright day, this means you can control the “blueness” of the sky as well as having control of how distinct you want the cloud formations. For the outdoor shooter, this filter is a must since it is the only way to make a blue sky bluer. In addition, when shooting into water or glass, you can minimize or eliminate the reflections often associated with landscape or scenic photography. Therefore, if you’re shooting a store window or inside a museum into a showcase, glass obstructions will no longer be a problem. A polarizer tends to have its maximum effect when used at right angle to the sun. A polarizing filter, along with a UV filter should be a part of everyone’s gear.
Note! This circular polarising filter are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems without problems)
- Effective with cameras that use beam splitters in the path of the TTL light meter and with AF cameras
- This version of the filter is now slimmer than the original version that had a larger front thread. Presently, both front and rear threads are the same size
- The glass is now multi-coated minimizing flare and glare on the sensor or film plane
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase colour saturation, without affecting the overall colour balance.
- Slimmer Design Than Original Design
- Front/Rear Threads Same Size
- Saturates Colours
- Enhances Cloud Formations
- Eliminates Reflections in Glass, Water
- Rotating Front Ring
- Black Filter Ring
If you have any questions please use the Product Enquiry Form found on the upper panel of this page.